Mizoram Kailawn Business Plan Contest (B-Plan Contest) will create a platform to identify, recognise and reward recent and prospective entrepreneurs from Mizoram. The B-Plan contest will also provide hands-on experience to promising entrepreneurs to fine tune their business plans and help them be better prepared for success.
If you have started a business on or after 1st January 2014, or even if you have an interesting business idea but are yet to start your business, you are welcome to apply for the Mizorma Kailawn B-Plan Contest.
Who can Apply?
All contestants must comply with the following criteria to be eligible for the competition. Please read the following instructions carefully:
- Applicants must be adult Indian citizens, i.e. only those who have completed 18 years of age as on June 17, 2019.
- Applicant must have an existing business in Mizoram or willing to set up a new business in Mizoram, thereby contributing to Mizoram.
- If the submission is for an existing business, it must have been set up on or after 1st January 2014.
- The business should not be an expansion or extension of an existing business (including family business).
- The idea or the business plan should explain how it will make money and sustain itself.
- The Application needs to be filled in the prescribed format in English only.
- The plan / venture should not belong to following industries- alcohol, tobacco, gambling, firearms and explosives.
- Applicants must enter the Competition on their own behalf and entries by proxy will not be accepted, even for family members.
- The entries are not transferable.
Not applicable to apply
- Mizoram Kailawn 2017 and 2018 Top 5 Winners
- Regular Government Employees
Why should you apply?
- Opportunity to win prize money [INR 10 lakhs to be distributed to top winners]
- Public recognition, certificates and other incentives from the Government of Mizoram
- Opportunity to showcase your startup to experts, investors and mentors
- Get guidance from a reputed panel of mentors from IIM Calcutta Innovation Park to launch/scale up your venture
- Mentorship, guidance, and support by ecosystem partners including NEDFi, MZU Incubation Centre, STPI, TATA TRUSTS
How to Apply?
You need to follow these steps:
Step 1: You need to create an account in the ‘Apply Section’. The ‘Apply Section’ will be on the homepage under the Contest Menu. Click here to create an account.
Step 2: Once you have created your account, please use the login details (sent to you via email) to login. Once you log in, you will need to fill the application form Online and click on ‘Save’ and ‘Submit’. In case you feel you require to edit the form only click on the ‘Save’ option. Only once you consider the form to be the final one, click on ‘Save’ and ‘Submit’.
*Please note the updates in blue*
- Application Opens: 17 June 2019
- Last date for B-Plan Contest Submissions: 9 August 2019 **Extended till 11 August 2019**
- B-Plan Contest Results: 20 August 2019
- Boot Camp & Training: 4 – 7 September 2019
- Grand Finale & Entrepreneurship Summit: 17 September 2019